Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Susan Cain: The power of introverts: TED TALKS: documentary,lecture,talk


.
---An important perspective for those of us who work better alone. There seems to be a push of trying to make everyone a joiner or one who belongs. When there are many in our society who don't enjoy being in the midst of something all of the time. I, myself, do enjoy being alone a lot. I can relate to the picture painted by Susan Cain of someone who enjoys being alone and the realm that my imagination plays. I can be very introverted, but like to have activity to relate to. I enjoy having a choice of both, introversion and extroversion.

---One final thought on the subject...for now. It is the situation of having or NOT having a roommate. I, without-a-doubt, like a situation that has as much alone-ness as possible. Being in a copacetic environment is the first priority that I would make, over anything else. Luckily, things at present are okay, but it is frightening when I see some of the matches that do exist. I think that the design of the new hospital failed in that regard, also. One can easily see that privacy was NOT a priority when the new LHH was built. If anybody really does think that ALL is fine...then I challenge them to move in and see if it easy to flourish in the present environment. I know that it doesn't sound like it, but I love this place...I just think we could do so much better with an attitude upgrade. I include myself in that...most times. (If anyone seriously wants to discuss things...please feel free to approach me about it.)

No comments: