• Nothing is framed wrong. One is just looking for the next BEST answer.
• When taking picture, noticed that best light comes from within…when person is first acknowledged.
• Residents/Staff can be ‘’diamonds in the rough.’’
• Loneliness, helplessness and boredom are three moods NOT fixable w/medication.
• Care Partner is a better term than Caregiver.
• There is NO ramp for dementia
• We have let meds be our master. If we get our foot caught in a bear trap we would probably give a Tylenol or stronger for the pain...instead of taking off the trap.
• Be The Change That You See
• Staff Is Kept Happy With Positive Feedback – Not By Being Told Don’t...Constantly.
- EDEN PHILOSOPHY IS NOT A PLACE - IT'S A MINDSET
- Listen and Hear the Resident. You May Actually Want To Hear Some of What He/She Has To Say.
• Loneliness – Loving Companionship
• Boredom – Do things you enjoy and access to children, plants and animals
• Helplessness – Getting one's medical needs met and do something for another