Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Hidden Power of Smiling - Ron Gutman

 
---This TEDtalk speaks of the power that a smile has. Personally, when I had the stroke in 2002...the muscles that go into action when one smiles were deadened. For all-intents-and-purposes I cannot smile. When someone wants me to smile for the camera, I cannot. Folks immediately think that they catch me as that statement is so absurd to me that I laugh. That is the key for me. I can laugh...but, can't smile. I can feel joy but really can't facially express it. Luckily, the world doesn't depend on my having that ability when it is deciding to spin or not. BUT...if you see me making strange faces as I ride around in my wheelchair...it's just my version of a smile. The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.''
.
---All that being said, this is a great TEDtalk (less than 8 mins.) It left me smiling (SORT OF!)

No comments: