Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Dr. VICTORIA SWEET (God's Hotel) - TEDtalk (About Laguna Honda Hospital)


Victoria Sweet was a doctor at Laguna Honda Hospital for 20 years. She took some time off in 2008 to write the book ''God's Hotel.'' When she left in 2008 she was the doctor on D3 in the old hospital. I happened to live there at the time so needless to say, I was fortunate to get to know her pretty well. She even brought the legendary (now passed on) Oliver Sacks to my room to meet me.

For those that may NOT have read ''God's Hotel,'' I highly recommend it. Over-the-years I have met many who enjoyed the book very much. One was board member at onetime Dr. Laurie Green. Our own CEO Michael Phillips, was another.

Times are different now, but I'll bet we still have folks that remember her. I've noticed there are many new folks that weren't aware of any of this. Do yourselves a favor and watch the video and/or read the book. I know you will be glad you did.







No comments: